This is simply too good to be true.
A good friend informed me last night that German toymaker Playmobil sold out of the first run of the Martin Luther figure in record time.
My disbelief turned to giddy excitement when I later learned or remembered:
- That demand is high enough for Playmobil to make a Luther figurine;
- That I am mostly of German descent;
- That I was raised Lutheran;
- That I’m still unashamedly and happily Protestant;
- That I’m a happy Protestant;
- That a friend knew I cared enough about Luther for him to inform me of this phenomenon;
- That Playmobil is making a second batch of Luther figurines due in April;
- That my doll will soon have a suitable companion.
Read about Playmobil’s Martin Luther Reformation ripple-effect here.