In the catechism’s vision paper, the CTF mentions a “catechesis manifesto” they wrote called “The Time for Catechesis Is Now!”
The manifesto centers around five key points:
- People are yearning for a compelling faith;
- Bible studies alone aren’t enough;
- You can’t have evangelism without catechesis;
- The status quo isn’t working, and our churches are dying;
- The time has come for families to embrace their God-given catechetical vocation.
The manifesto is currently unpublished, but the Task Force is allowing me to post it on my blog while they work on a final copy.
Read “The Time for Catechesis Is Now!” here.