Ash Wednesday kicks off the Lenten season next Wednesday, March 4.
Here are five helpful Lent resources:
- Elliot Grudem and Bruce Benedict ask “Why Bother With Lent?”
- John Witvliet of the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship suggests a yes and no approach to Lent.
- Christ Church (Austin, TX) produced this daily Lenten devotional of various prayers and Scripture readings. (Note: it was formatted for 2013, but one could easily reformat it for 2014).
- A Reformed Anglican in the US asks why we should consider Lent
- Cardiphonia compiled a helpful one-stop site for all things Lent (articles, music, liturgy and art).