I’m planning on starting a new church in Minneapolis next year, and I need a lot of wisdom.
Enter Aaron Damiani.
Seeking advice from veteran church planters and pastors during the church plant’s critical first year, Aaron (lead planter of Immanuel Anglican in Chicago) compiled a list of ten church planting essentials he learned from them:
- Sustain high learning agility.
- Go slow to go fast.
- Gather a Launch Team instead of a Core Group.
- Jesus builds his church, so stop watching the door and start feeding your people.
- Finding worship space is an uphill spiritual battle; start praying.
- Identify your motives for church planting, and be vulnerable enough to communicate them.
- Collaborate with your fellow planters and pastors; don’t compete with them.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for money and people.
- Be flexible with how people grapple with your vision.
- Follow Jesus on the journey he has planned for you, and invite your people along.
Read more about Aaron’s gleanings (and their sources) here.