In their book Vintage Church (pp. 25-26) Mark Driscoll and Gerry Breshears argue that to be “missional” (admittedly a current buzz word with varying opinions regarding its meaning) means that Christians must consider themselves missiologists. Here are nine ways missiologists faithfully engage with culture for the gospel’s sake:
- Watch television
- Surf talk radio
- Walk the mall
- Pay attention at the grocery store
- Hang out at the magazine rack
- Pay attention to kids
- Talk to the people
- Go online
- Break your routine
- Which things are you already doing, but can instead pursue with gospel intentionality?
- What should you strategically consider doing for the gospel’s sake?
- How might God use you to advance the gospel in your given culture?